Innovation is essential for the growth in any section, whether it is country, technology, relationships or professional life. In today's competitive environment innovation plays a critical role for success of any country, organization and person. "The process of innovation is a rhythm of search and selection, exploration and synthesis, cycles of divergent thinking followed by convergence. Innovation is the key driver of competitive advantage, growth, and profitability.
The success of any organization depends on the innovation in all major business area as all these are linked to each other and quite contribute towards the growth of the organization. Following are the essential sectors in any organization, which need continuous innovation, and have a great impact on the business:
- Marketing innovation
- Organization innovation
- Strategy innovation
- Technology innovation
- Process innovation
- Product innovation
Development of innovation thinking approach is not an easy task and requires lots of practice and understanding of technical field and innovation tactics. Following are the few techniques, which needs to practice for generating new innovations:
- Practice focused and insightful observation.
- Make brainstorming a religion and practice it every day.
- Make cross Pollination an integral part of your workplace and try to find answers from usual and unrelated other domain.
- Ready for out of box thinking.
- Consider your work as fun to develop something exciting and interesting everyday and ready to tackle new challenges.
- Be experimental to purse opportunities, acquire new skills, take and learn from feedback and discover new opportunities.
- Keep eyes open for inspiration and ask questions to yourself.